1. Oldschool RuneScape 2007 Flip Chart requires an account to use. Please register and account to access all of our features by clicking here.

Path to Prosperity

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Prosper, Feb 12, 2016.

1. #1 Prosper, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Path to Prosperity
    This thread will be regularly updated so that everyone can follow my journey as I become one of the wealthiest men in Runescape.

Bank Value:
    February 2016
    I created my OSRS account a few months ago. I played for a couple of days because I wanted to relive the past and take a trip down memory lane. Some kind fellow gave me 200k to start off with, and I lost it within hours through dicing. Shortly after, I quit.

For the past few days, I started thinking about Runescape again. Figured what the hell, and logged back into my OSRS account "just to see how things are going".

I changed my character's gender to female and started begging around the GE. If you guys need some start up capital, going female is a nice little trick. Guys love giving pixel girls gp.

This method works as long as you are not an obvious beggar. :D
    Write something like : "New to the game, how can I get started?". Try to engage in conversation with players who look wealthy. Never directly ask for gp. Also, acting clueless is a bonus.

Multiple people gave me 5k-10k and one guy gave me 50k. Since my account was still blocked from using the Grand Exchange, I logged out. My bank was worth around 125k, which I made in an hour or so.

Logged in and was disappointed to see that I had to play another 14 hours before I could access the Grand Exchange. But then I noticed that another alternative to lifting this block was to reach 7 Quest Points. So I did the "Romeo and Juliet" quest as well as "Goblin Diplomacy".

Immediately after, I rushed over to the Grand Exchange and got to work. I was discouraged at first because most resource items (coal, lobsters, yews) had really small margins. But then I started looking into less common items and found much greater margins. I ended the day with just under 400k in my bank. It is clear that investments will be far more rewarding compared to instant flipping.

I was actively flipping on the Grand Exchange for a few hours. Got lucky with an item that had 2,200+ gp margin so I took advantage of that for as long as I could. I will still be checking in on the game for a few times before I go to sleep. Last night I had around 400k in my bank. Now, I have crossed over the 1m mark.

2. 400k in your first day!? nice job man, you will have a green cash stack in no time. :)

but i disagree i think instant flipping is so much more profitable with your stack.

3. lol, you should keep begging as you flip

4. Without a doubt, instant flipping is the way to go for now. Once my bank grows I will start dipping into investments.

Haha, I think the grand exchange is beginning to recognize me. :D

5. Just a quick update: I was sitting around the Grand Exchange waiting for some items to sell... A guy runs up to me says "trade quick" and gives me a bond. He ran away before I could even thank him. Haha, I must be lucky.

canadaleaf likes this.
  6. Nicee dude thats awesome wish you luck i your journey

7. That a nice accomplishment so early. You'll be making bank if you keep doing it.

Besides, what items did you flip?

8. Dang wish i could find items that good /:

9. I wish you the best of luck with your goal!