1. Oldschool RuneScape 2007 Flip Chart requires an account to use. Please register and account to access all of our features by clicking here.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Ryan, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Below will be a list of bullet points with updates on them, I would like users to order them in preference of what order they would like to see them added to the site (along with feedback on the idea).

If you have another suggestion, please post it at the end of your post.

ALL RESPONCES WILL BE READ, and all answers will be considered into the future of this site, so be constructive with feedback.
    • Pause Button. This is by far one of the most requested updates which I can see becoming very popular amongst both old and new users. The idea would be that by pressing this button the chart would cease scrolling until you unpause it. Simple change, large benefit. This is planned to be a free user update.
    • Scroll though items. This is another highly suggested update from the community, allowing you to scroll though your list of 120 items at your own pace, finding what you want in the list. This could cause issues with sniping and as such is planned to be a support only update.
    • Personal Tracking list. This would involve you picking a favorite list of items that would would see on your main page (for example, you would always see the prices of Bandos Chestplate, Magic Longbows, etc) because you selected them. This is planned to be 2-3 favorites for free users, 7-10 for Support Rank users.
    • Price Notifications. This is an update I mentioned on my stream months ago and still wish to add, you would recieve an alert on the forums telling you that (for example) 'Zulrah Scales have hit 180GP Buy Price, sell now!'. This would be very useful for users who have large stocks of items and want to know the best time to sell them. This would be free, but we are looking at limited notifications. (Side note: we are also not sure how simple the feature is to build).
    • Money Making Charts. As many of you know, we currently have Alch for Profit and Herblore for Profit charts availible to free users. The ultimate plan (when funds are avaliable) is to have around 7-10 charts with 2 on rotation per week into free users, while support can see all of them. We are open to suggestions for types of charts that would work in this format of the site. Picked chart suggestions will get FREE SUPPORTER.
    • Post any other suggestions you would like to see!

SickRik and Epriih like this.
  2. If buy or sell price has 0 in it (probably none bought or sold in last 3 hours so price cannot be shown) insert last known price with * after the price so people know that it may be outdated :)

3. Will look into this, no idea if its currently possible with our setup.

4. I think it should also tell you what items are rising, or what items have been in less supply therefore causing a rise, if possible.

5. I like the idea, but we only track half the community (RS has 40k players online, around 20k on RSbuddy) so numbers wouldn't be necessarily correct or helpful.

• Scroll though items. This is another highly suggested update from the community, allowing you to scroll though your list of 120 items at your own pace, finding what you want in the list. This could cause issues with sniping and as such is planned to be a support only update.
    • Personal Tracking list. This would involve you picking a favorite list of items that would would see on your main page (for example, you would always see the prices of Bandos Chestplate, Magic Longbows, etc) because you selected them. This is planned to be 2-3 favorites for free users, 7-10 for Support Rank users.

These two are my top two updates that I suggest should be implemented asap.
    Mainly cause the personal tracking list could possibly feed you with valuable information like how low in price the item has been and how high in price it has been, and possibly even at certain times how much does that item cost, in regards to seeing a pattern maybe? Just giving feedback, future updates sound fantastic!

6. The words on the chart moves too fast for me to get a good reading. Could you set
    it up so that the words stops/moves at the click of a button.

• Pause Button. This is by far one of the most requested updates which I can see becoming very popular amongst both old and new users. The idea would be that by pressing this button the chart would cease scrolling until you unpause it. Simple change, large benefit.This is planned to be a free user update.

7. I would like to see a crafting Jewellery / enchanting for profit chart as i know emerald and sapphire rings are profitable to make but it would be helpful to see if any other jewellery would be beneficial to make or enchant.

Simple example
    [​IMG]

8. #10 Bescape, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    @Pepsi Did you make that chart yourself? I actually made an "Enchanting" chart on Google Excel, and I've had some issues with the RSBuddy API. I'm using the "Overall" price, because when I use the "Buying" or "Selling" price, it also spits out the quantity as well, and I don't want it to.

In other news...I made 100k off of Dragonstone Amulets and 3M off of Diamond Amulets.

In regards to this post, the pause feature is a definite must. There's been times where I've had to refresh the page in order to view a certain item again.

9. I haven't actually created the chart but it was just an example. I haven't developed my programming skills to make that chart yet but if i researched it i could probably get it working.

10. #12 cochraj1, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    I really like the idea of pausing and the selected item list. I think 2-3 items might be a bit low, however.

I think it would be cool to have a NMZ tool that finds an approximate average value of an herb box using the current herb prices, and multiply this value by 15 to display the day's income from nmz so that it may be used to determine profit/loss concerning repairs and host fees.

11. I think these functions would be great but also go hand-in-hand. If you can scroll throough your item list, I guess technically you're pausing your list rotation. But if it's just going to be a support only update and the pause function is free only, that'd balance the two out and I think it'd be fantastic.

I think more charts would also be fantastic. It might start to decrease the profit margin if it's displayed to free users, but if it's limited to how many a user can see per week based on their rank in the forums (such as Bronze-iron can only view 2 per week, steel-mithril can view 3-4, etc etc or however it could be set up to everyone's liking). I'd love to see jewlery enchantment profit, bolt enchantment profit, uncooked to cooked item profit, fletching profit (from cutting logs into (u) items profit then (u) into strung item profit), ore smelting profit (uses combined costs of raw materials and shows profit after bar is made which is useful for blast furnace), and there's a few more which I'm probably overthinking.

I would love this, especially if we could enter our own bought and sold values for our personal tracked items. This would make it more accurate as to what we flipped it for and to remember what we need to resell or buy an item at if it's a semi-stable market.

One thing I would die for, and I know Ryan mentioned something about it, is the implementation of accurate buy limits. It's annoying to try and guess how much of an item can actually be purchased, even though most have a pretty known value (such as raw and cooked foods), but that's just my two cents and I'd love to see the new updates :)

12. I personally love the idea of a tracking list. Also I think enough of a majority of the OSRS population uses Osbuddy so a "highest price rise/fall" chart would be viable. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work Ryan

13. Money making charts:

- Set profits (e.g. armour sets, cannons, etc.)
    - Decant for profit

Easy things to do at GE, doesn't have skill requirements, etc.

14. Personally i would prefer a pause button.

15. I would have to choose for a tracking list I think it would be extremely beneficial.

16. Will the free price notification be for f2p items only?
    I like the Support rank perks.

17. Good suggestions, Ryan ;) Really liked the price notification :p

18. it would also be helpful if you are able to scroll up or down the chart