1. Oldschool RuneScape 2007 Flip Chart requires an account to use. Please register and account to access all of our features by clicking here.

Chatbox, you guys want one?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Ryan, Jul 24, 2015.

Get a chatbox for the site?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
  2. No

2 vote(s)
  3. Unsure

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seems like it would be cool, but the post requirement should be high(>20, I realize I don't even have that) to avoid a flood of "How do i make money" chats.
  2. That would be very very nice, for example if Runescape disconnects or we're just not playing we can still directly communicate with eachother. +1 from me.
  3. I agree with localhost. If it's possible, it should be hidden from view until an account is made and meets an 'active' post requirement at an admin's discretion, as opposed to allowing people to anonymously participate and find a feed for conversation between forum members.
  4. I've never been a fan of chatbox's. I've been on countless forums and the chatbox is either extremely inactive and useless or it's taking away potential posts for the forum which is going to decrease the activity. A forum is a forum after all, it's not Facebook, but I guess it depends on what plans the owner has for the forum.
  5. Maybe something like an IRC would be easier?
  6. If we get one, it should require some postcount so it wont get spammed by bots/advertisers and is mainly used by people who are active on the Forums. It's a good way to communicate or just ask small questions or ask for help as opposed to making an entire thread asking for something simple like checking the margins or w/e.

Keep in mind you would be able to link to threads (for example Guides) in the Shoutbox/chatbox itsself, so it wouldn't really keep people from posting/looking at the Forums.

Also agree with @mexycan , should be hidden from view unless you've at least created an account.
  7. It would be cool, but yeah no spam please
  8. That would be super nice.
  9. chatbox would be a cool new way to interact with other users
  10. Yeah chatboxes are always good to have :)
  11. its a great idea. its like live support but the community can be the support agent. just post a warnnig that says asking how to make money or other misuse can result in suspension
  12. Is a decent idea for regular user's to interact.
  13. a million times yes! its helpful for quick questions and so on
  14. If you ever do that, make sure to have a high post count req.
  15. Chatbox has been purchased and just added.

The Kill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.